Exploration of Geometry Problems at the National Science Olympics
This article contains an exploration of the problem solving geometry in questions of the National Science Olympics (OSN) competition at the SMP / MTs level. The aim is to explain the geometry problem solving strategy, describe the details of the relationship between concepts in detail, and recommend appropriate learning in solving Olympic problems. This article is the result of a descriptive study of OSN problem solving. Data is collected by analyzing the concepts and patterns of problem solving. Teaching geometry especially for Olympic materials must begin with the process of identifying important concepts that build a particular problem. These concepts are then analyzed and connected with each other to form a network. The concept network is then represented in a picture / visual display. Through this visual display, the teacher can guide students in arranging procedural steps based on the sequence of concepts that have been prepared. The teacher needs to create meaningful learning for students by connecting students 'prior knowledge with new knowledge through various representations, examples, and manipulations and focusing on students' conceptual understanding rather than procedures or rules.
Fauzi, M. A. (2014). Pedagogical Content Knowledge (PCK) melalui Peran Guru dalam Antisipasi Didaktis dan Pedagogis (ADP) menuju Matematika Abstrak. UPI Bandung.
Hutapea, E. 2019. Merah Putih Berkibar, Indonesia Raih Medali Olimpiade Matematika di Inggris, https://edukasi.kompas.com/read/2019/07/26/07343371/merah-putih-berkibar-indonesia-raih-medali-olimpiade-matematika-di-inggris?page=all.
Kartika, D. R., & Pasandaran, R. F. (2016). Analisis Kemampuan Guru dalam Menanamkan Konsep Limit Fungsi. Jurnal Pedagogy, 1(2), 57-65
Kennedy, M. M. (1998). Education Reform and Subject Matter Knowledge. Journal of Research in Science Teaching 35(3),249-263
Leinhardt, G. (1986). Expertise in Mathematics Teaching. Educational Leadership 43(7),28-33
Mahmudi, A. (2009). Mengembangkan Kompetensi Guru Melalui Lesson Study. Forum Kependidikan 28(2), 1-10
Nurina, D. L., & Retnawati, H. (2015). Keefektifan Pembelajaran Menggunakan Pendekatan Problem Posing dan Pendekatan Open Ended Ditinjau dari HOTS. Phytagoras: Jurnal Pendidikan Matematika 10(2), 129-136
Olimpiade Sains Nasional. https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olimpiade_Sains_Nasional
Pasandaran, R. F. (2019). Representasi Matematika dalam Penyelesaian Masalah Non Rutin. Guru Tua: Jurnal Pendidikan dan Pembelajaran Guru Tua 2(1), 45-52
Purwoko, R. Y. (2017). Urgensi Pedagogical Content Knowledge dalam Meningkatkan Kualitas Pembelajaran Matematika. Jurnal Pendidikan Surya Edukasi (JPSE) 3(2), 42-55
Shulman. (1987). Knowledge and Teaching. Harvard Educational Review.
Copyright (c) 2019 Rio Fabrika Pasandaran, Jumarniati Jumarniati
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
- Authors retain copyright and other proprietary rights related to the article.
- Authors retain the right and are permitted to use the substance of the article in own future works, including lectures and books.
- Authors grant the publisher right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post or self-archive their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.