Knowledge of Student in Learning on the Topic of Trigonometry in High School
This study aims to describe knowledge of students that the pre-service mathematics teachers had regarding students' difficulties, concept error that frequently happened, and forms of representation employed in learning on the topic of trigonometry in high school. The research is a descriptive study that adopted a qualitative approach. The subject of the study was a female undergraduate student in mathematics education that was currently in internship III while the location was in SMA Negeri 1 Palopo. Data collection technique carried out by the researcher was by observing the learning process in the classroom. The data was then analyzed by several steps that comprised: data reduction, data categorization, interpretation, and conclusion. The findings of the research revealed that the subject skills in tackling students’ misconception were: (1) using questions as a learning strategy to build students’ knowing, (2) explaining the relationship between concepts to systematically organize the fundamental of ideas enhancement planned by the students.
Fitria, A. (2014). Miskonsepsi mahasiswa dalam menentukan grup pada struktur aljabar menggunakan certainty of response index (CRI) di Jurusan Pendidikan Matematika IAIN Antasari. Jurnal Pendidikan Matematika UIN Antasari, 1(2), 45-60.
Government Regulation of The Republic of Indonesia Number 74 of 2008 Article 3.
Kilic, H. (2011). Preservice Secondary Mathematics Teachers’ Knowledge of Students. Turkish Online Journal of Qualitative Inquiry, April 2011, 2(2), 6.
Loughran, J., Milroy, P., Berry, A., Gunstone, R., & Mulhall, P. 2001. Documenting Science Teachers’ Pedagogical Content Knowledge Through Pap-Ers. Research In Science Education, 31, 289-307.
Ma’rufi, Budayasa, I. K., & Juniati, D. (2018, January). Pedagogical Content Knowledge: Teacher’s Knowledge of Students in Learning Mathematics on Limit of Function Subject. In Journal of Physics: Conference Series (Vol. 954, No. 1, p. 012002). IOP Publishing.
Ma’rufi & Ilyas, M. (2017). Tinjauan Teoritis Tentang Pengembangan Pedagogical Content Knowledge Guru Melalui Lesson Study. Pedagogy: Jurnal Pendidikan Matematika, 2(1).
Ma’rufi & Ilyas, M. (2018). Mentoring Guru dalam Pembelajaran Matematika Berbasis Pedagogical Content Knowledge. Prosiding, 3(1).
Napitupulu, B. (2016). Karakteristik Pengetahuan Konten Pedagogis (Pedagogical Content Knowledge) Guru Matematika SMP pada Segiempat Ditinjau dari Gender. In disertasi. Surabaya: Universitas Negeri Surabaya.
Resbiantoro, G. (2016). Analisis Pedagogical Content Knowledge (PCK) Terhadap Buku Guru SD Kurikulum 2013. Scholaria: Jurnal Pendidikan Dan Kebudayaan, 6(3), 153-162.
The Law of The Republic of Indonesia Number 14 of 2005.
Copyright (c) 2019 Awaluddin Makaraka, Ma'rufi Ma'rufi, Muhammad Ilyas
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
- Authors retain copyright and other proprietary rights related to the article.
- Authors retain the right and are permitted to use the substance of the article in own future works, including lectures and books.
- Authors grant the publisher right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post or self-archive their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.