Improving Students’ Activity and Motivation in Mathematics Learning through Lesson Study at SMP Cokroaminoto Palopo
This study is an experimental study that aims to improve students’ learning activity and motivation in mathematics learning through lesson study in the 7th grade of SMP Cokroaminoto Palopo. The design used was a pre-post questionnaire design. The experimental unit in this study was the 7th-grade students of SMP Cokroaminoto Palopo consisting of 23 students. The sampling technique used was total sampling. The instruments used in this study were observation sheets of student activities and student motivation questionnaires. Data collection were data of students’ learning activity and data of students’ learning motivation. The analysis used was descriptive and inferential statistical analysis. Implementation of lesson study consists of four cycles and three stages, namely plan, do, and see. The results showed that descriptively there was an improvement in student activity in each cycle and inferentially an improvement in motivation to learn mathematics in 7th-grade students of SMP Cokroaminoto Palopo.
Huang, C. S., Yang, S. J., Chiang, T. H., & Su, A. Y. (2016). Effects of situated mobile learning approach on learning motivation and performance of EFL students. Journal of Educational Technology & Society, 19(1), 263-276.
Qudsyi, H., Indriaty, L., Herawaty, Y., Khaliq, I., & Setiawan, J. (2019). Pengaruh metode pembelajaran kooperatif (cooperative learning) dan motivasi belajar terhadap prestasi belajar siswa SMA. Proyeksi: Jurnal Psikologi, 6(2), 34-49.
Rahmadani, N., & Anugraheni, I. (2017). Peningkatan aktivitas belajar matematika melalui pendekatan problem-based learning bagi siswa kelas 4 SD. Scholaria: Jurnal Pendidikan Dan Kebudayaan, 7(3), 241-250.
Risdiawati, Y. R. (2012). Implementasi model pembelajaran kooperatif tipe student teams achievement divisions (STAD) untuk meningkatkan motivasi dan hasil belajar akuntansi siswa kelas XI IPS 4 SMA Negeri 1 Imogiri tahun ajaran 2011/2012. Kajian Pendidikan Akuntansi Indonesia, 1(2).
Copyright (c) 2019 Ma'rufi Ma'rufi, Muhammad Ilyas, Nurmala Saruman, Fahrul Basir
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
- Authors retain copyright and other proprietary rights related to the article.
- Authors retain the right and are permitted to use the substance of the article in own future works, including lectures and books.
- Authors grant the publisher right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post or self-archive their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.