The Effect of Character and Emotional Intelligence on the Mathematics Learning Result of Tenth Grade Senior High School Students in Palopo City
This is a correlational ex-post-facto study which aimed to know the effect of emotional intelligence on the result of mathematic learning of X grade senior high school students in Palopo City. The population of this study was all X grade students in all Senior High Schools in Palopo, the academic year 2018-2019. The sampling was carried out using Cluster Random Sampling technique. Students at 10th grade at Senior High School 6 Palopo, Senior High School 5 Palopo, and Senior High School 4 Palopo with the total number of 164 were selected as samples. Data were collected using three different questionnaires. The first one was to collect data about characters; the second one was to get data about emotional intelligence, while the other was to gather data about learning result. The inferential analysis indicated that character and emotional intelligence positively affected the learning result of mathematic subjects of X Grade Senior High School Students in Palopo City.
Fitriastuti, T. (2013). Pengaruh Kecerdasan Emosional, Komitmen Organisasional Dan Organizational Citizenship Behavior Terhadap Kinerja Karyawan. Jurnal Dinamika Manajemen, 4(2), 103–114.
Ilma, N. (2015). Peran Pendidikan Sebagai Modal Utama Membangun Karakter Bangsa. Jurnal Manajemen Pendidikan Islam, 3(1), 82–87.
Machin, A. (2014). Implementasi Pendekatan Saintifik, Penanaman Dan Karakter. 3(1), 28–35.
Mohzan, M. A. M., Hassan, N., & Halil, N. A. (2013). The Influence of Emotional Intelligence on Academic Achievement. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, 90(InCULT 2012), 303–312.
Setiawan, D. (2013). Peran Pendidikan Karakter dalam Mengembangkan Kecerdasan Moral. Jurnal Pendidikan Karakter, 1, 58.
Susanti, R. (2013). Penerapan Pendidikan Karakter Di Kalangan Mahasiswa. Jurnal AL-Ta Lim, 20(3), 480–487.
Wijaya, E. Y., Sudjimat, D. A., & Nyoto, A. (2016). Transformasi Pendidikan Abad 21 Sebagai Tuntutan. Prosiding Seminar Nasional Pendidikan Matematika 2016, 1, 263–278.
Copyright (c) 2019 Muhammad Ilyas, Ma'rufi Ma'rufi, Fitriani Fitriani, Aswar Anas
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
- Authors retain copyright and other proprietary rights related to the article.
- Authors retain the right and are permitted to use the substance of the article in own future works, including lectures and books.
- Authors grant the publisher right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post or self-archive their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.