The Use of Geogebra: Enhancing Students’ High Order Thinking Skill on Polyhedron in 8th Grade of SMP Negeri 2 Bua
This study aims to examine the effectiveness of GeoGebra implementation to enhance students’ higher-order thinking skill (HOTS) in polyhedron. The research was conducted in class A of eighth grade in SMP Negeri 2 Bua in even semester of the academic year of 2018/2019. The study is quasi-experiment research employing the design of One-Group Pretest-Posttest. The experimental class was determined by using random sampling. The population is 8th-grade students consisting of 183 people which are divided into six classes. The experimental unit is the class A with the number of students of 30. The instrument used was an observational sheet of learning implementation, students’ response questionnaire, and test. The data was collected through observation and the test asking students to solve HOTS questions. Effectiveness’ indicator in the study is learning implementation, students’ response, and students’ skill in solving HOTS question. Students’ skill improvement in solving HOTS problem was determined by using normalized gain. Results show that learning implementation is in the category of fully implemented and students’ response toward classroom lesson including students’ worksheet and textbooks is positive in general. The average of normalized gain is in the category of average. The use of Geogebra can enhance students’ higher-order thinking skill in polyhedron topics in the class of VIII A SMP Negeri 2 Bua.
Agung, S. (2017). Pemanfaatan Aplikasi Geogebra dalam Pembelajaran Matematika SMP. Prosiding Seminar Nasional Universitas Cokroaminoto Palopo. Hal 312
Isman, M. N. (2016). Pemanfaatan Program Geogebra DalamPembelajaran Matematika Vol. 5, Jogjakarta: PPPPTK Matematika.
Karim, A. (2011). Penerapan metode penemuan terbimbing dalam pembelajaran matematika untuk meningkatkan pemahaman konsep dan kemampuan berpikir kritis siswa sekolah dasar. Jurnal Pendidikan, 1(1), 21-32.
Ma’rufi, Budayasa, I.K., & Juniati, D. (2017). The Analysis of Mathemathics Teacher’s Learning on Algebra Function Limit Material Based on Teaching Experience Difference. AIP Conference Proceedings, 1867(1), p. 020056). AIP Publishing
Ni’am, M. J. (2016). Peningkatan Hasil Belajar Materi Geometri Transformasi Melalui Model Pembelajaran Jigsaw IV Berbantuan Geogebra. In PRISMA, Prosiding Seminar Nasional Matematika (pp. 705-715).
Nur'aini, I. L., Harahap, E., Badruzzaman, F. H., & Darmawan, D. (2017). Pembelajaran Matematika Geometri Secara Realistis Dengan GeoGebra. Matematika, 16(2).
Supriadi, N. (2015). Pembelajaran geometri berbasis geogebra sebagai upaya meningkatkan kemampuan komunikasi matematis siswa madrasah tsanawiyah (MTs). Al-Jabar: Jurnal Pendidikan Matematika, 6(2), 99-110.
Rosdianto, H., & Murdani, E. (2017). The Implementation of POE (Predict Observe Explain) Model To Improve Student’s Concept Understanding On Newton’s Law. Jurnal Pendidikan Fisika, 6(1), 55-57.
Yulastri, A., & Hidayat, H. (2017). Developing an Entrepreneurship Module by Using Product-Based Learning Approach in Vocational Education. International Journal of Environmental and Science Education, 12(5), 1097-1109.
Copyright (c) 2019 Shandy Agung, Ma'rufi Ma'rufi, Muhammad Ilyas
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
- Authors retain copyright and other proprietary rights related to the article.
- Authors retain the right and are permitted to use the substance of the article in own future works, including lectures and books.
- Authors grant the publisher right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post or self-archive their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.