Diversity of Mangrove Plants in the Coastal of Palopo City
The aim of the research was to know diversity of mangrove plants in the coastal of Palopo City. Method used in this research was line transect in 4 stations. There were 32 plots used in this research, with 8 plots in each station.The results showed that there were 5 true mangrove and 3 associated mangrove in the coastal of Palopo City.Bruguiera parviflora and Sonneratia alba were the dominant species mangrove plants in the coastal of Palopo city. Diversity index of mangrove plants in the coastal of Palopo City showed low to intermediate level with the value 0,636 – 1,569.
Backer, C.A. and R.C. Bakhuizen van den Brink, Jr. (1965). Flora of Java. Vol. II. Groningen: P.Noordhoff
Chapman, V.J. (1992). Wet coastal formations of Indo Malesia and Papua New Guinea. In Chapman, V.J. (ed.). Ecosystems of the World 1: Wet Coastal Ecosystems. Amsterdam: Elsevier.
Duke, N.C., Ball, M.C. & Ellison, J.C.(1998). Factors influencing biodiversity and distributional gradients in mangroves. Global Ecology and Biogeography Letters 7(1):27-47.
Lewis, R.R. (1990). Creation and restoration of coastal wetlands in Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands. In: Kusler J.A. and M.E. Kentula (eds.) Wetland Creation and Restoration: The Status of Science, Vol. I: Regional Reviews. Washington: Island Press.
MoE (Minister of Environment). (1997). National Strategy for Mangrove Management in Indonesia. Volume 2 (mangrove in Indonesia current status). Jakarta: Office of the Minister of Environment, Departement of Forestry, Indonesian Institute of Science, Department of Home Affairs and The Mangrove Foundation.
Noor, Y.R., Khazali, M., Suryadiputra, I.N.N. (2006). Panduan Pengenalan Mangrove di Indonesia. Wetlands International, Indonesia Programme, Jakarta.
Nybakken, J.W. (1993). Marine Biology, An Ecological Approach. 3rd edition. New York: Harper Collins College Publishers.
Odum, E.P., (1971). Fundamental of Ecology. 3rd ed. Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders Co.
Odum, E.P. (1993). Dasar-Dasar Ekologi. Edisi 3.Penerjemah T. Samingan. Gadjah Mada Press. Yogyakarta.
Primavera, J.H. (1993). A critical review of shrimp pond culture in the Philippines. reviews in fisheries. Science 1(2): 151-201
Sasaki, Y. and H. Sunarto. (1994). Mangrove forest of Segara Anakan lagoon. In Takashima, F. and Soewardi, K. (eds.) Ecological Assessment for Management Planning of Segara Anakan Lagoon, Cilacap, Central Java. Tokyo: NODAI Center for International Program, Tokyo University of Agriculture and JSPS-DGHE Program.
Soerianegara, I. (1972). Ekologi Hutan Indonesia. Bogor: Departemen Management Hutan Fakultas Kehutanan IPB.
Steenis, C.G.G..J. van. (1958). Ecology of mangroves. In: Flora Malesiana. Djakarta: Noordhoff-Kollf.
Sukardjo, S., (1985). Laguna dan vegetasi mangrove. Oseana 10 (4): 128-137.
Walsh, G.E. (1974). Mangroves: A review. In Reinhold, R. J. and W.H. Quee (ed.). Ecology of Halophytes. New York:Academic Press.
Walters, B.B. (2008). Ethnobiology, socioeconomics and management of mangrove forests: A review. Aquatic Botany, 89, 220–236.
Copyright (c) 2019 Akhmad Syakur
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
- Authors retain copyright and other proprietary rights related to the article.
- Authors retain the right and are permitted to use the substance of the article in own future works, including lectures and books.
- Authors grant the publisher right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post or self-archive their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.