The Description of Open-Ended Implementation on the Teaching Mathematic Learning Theory
This study aims to describe the work of the subject in the form of open ended questions in the process of teaching mathematics learning using Van Hielle learning. Application of matter open ended on learning theory Van Hielle shows the subject is able to do Fluency, which is an evident from the four solutions produced the subject, the next is flexibility some ideas mathematical seen from the work of the subject that is confirmed by interviews start seeing the form of word problems , the subject is able to lead right into the right formula on the grounds rational and able to explain the subject and then calculate how many first and second rings obtained by the subject initially guess the number of one ring and multiply by the circumference of the ring, then the rest is matched whether it can still be used for the next ring, the last criterion is the originality of the idea the subject poured into calculations to obtain four ways of the problem is the initiative and creativity that the subject has, and of course this is supported by a good mathematical basis and patterns of teaching and learning geometry that are structured in accordance with Van Hielle's learning theory namely Inquiry, Orientation Orientation , Description / explanation , Free orientation and integrity.
Burger, W. F & Culpepper, B. (1993) . Restructuring Geometry. In PS Wilson. (Ed). Research Ideas for the Classroom (High school Mathematics). New York: Macmillan Publishing Company.
Nugraheni, H., & Ratu, N. (2018). Analisis tingkat kemampuan berpikir kreatif siswa dalam menyelesaikansoal open-ended pada materi bangun datar segi empat. Numeracy Journal, 5(2), 119-133
Poppy, R. Y. (2003). Pendekatan Open-ended Salah Satu Alternatif Model Pembelajaran Matematika yang Berorientasi pada Kompetensi Siswa. Universitas Sanata Dharma Yogyakarta.
Sugiyono, D. (2010). Metode penelitian kuantitatif kualitatif dan R dan D. Alfabeta: Bandung.
Copyright (c) 2019 Ary Herlina Kurniati, Sukmawati Sukmawati
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
- Authors retain copyright and other proprietary rights related to the article.
- Authors retain the right and are permitted to use the substance of the article in own future works, including lectures and books.
- Authors grant the publisher right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post or self-archive their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.