Pre-Service Teachers’ Pedagogical Skills in Mathematics Learning on the Topic of Trigonometry in High School
This study is intended to describe pre-service teachers’ pedagogical skills in mathematics learning on the topic of Trigonometry in High School. Pedagogical knowledge encompasses knowledge of plan and organization of lesson and teaching strategies. This research was a descriptive study adopting a qualitative approach. The subject of the study was a pre-service teacher carrying out an internship at SMA Negeri 5 Palopo. Data collection was done through observation of pre-service teachers’ learning process in the classroom. Data analysis techniques followed several steps consisting of data categorization, data reduction, data interpretation, data display, and drawing conclusion. The result of the study discovered that the pre-service mathematics teacher’s pedagogical skills in learning on the topic of Trigonometry in high school were: (1) organizing learning by (a) dividing the students into some groups so that they could cooperate, divide tasks, and build trust each other, (b) doing apperception by constructing meaningful knowledge for students, and (c) cooperative process supported by worksheets which aim to build individual responsibility so every student was actively involved in learning; and (2) employing learning strategy by: (a) using questions as a learning strategy that could build students’ knowing and (b) questions or problems that was presented in various visual forms to facilitate students in building ideas.
Ainun, N. (2015). Peningkatan Kemampuan Penalaran Matematis Siswa Madrasah Aliyah Melalui Model Pembelajaran Kooperatif Tipe Teams Games Tournament. Jurnal Peluang 4(1), 55-63.
Loughran, J., Milroy, P., Berry, A., Gunstone, R., & Mulhall, P. (2001). Documenting Science Teachers’ Pedagogical Content Knowledge Through Pap-Ers. Research In Science Education, 31, 289-307.
Ma’rufi, Budayasa, I. K., & Juniati, D. (2018). Pedagogical Content Knowledge: Teacher’s Knowledge of Students in Learning Mathematics on Limit of Function Subject. In Journal of Physics: Conference Series (Vol. 954, No. 1, p. 012002). IOP Publishing.
Ma’rufi & Ilyas, M. (2017). Tinjauan Teoritis Tentang Pengembangan Pedagogical Content Knowledge Guru Melalui Lesson Study. Pedagogy: Jurnal Pendidikan Matematika 2(1), 106-120.
Ma’rufi dan Ilyas, M. (2018). Mentoring Guru dalam Pembelajaran Matematika Berbasis Pedagogical Content Knowledge. In Prosiding Seminar Nasional UNCP 3(1), 1-10.
Maryono. (2016). Profil Pedagogical Content Knowledge (PCK) Mahasiswa Calon Guru Matematika Ditinjau dari Kemampuan Akademiknya. Jurnal Review Pembelajaran Matematika 1(1), 1-16.
Purwoko. R. Y. (2017). Analisis Kemampuan Content Knowledge Mahasiswa Calon Guru Matematika pada Praktek Pembelajaran Mikro. Jurnal Pendidikan Surya Edukasi (JPSE) 3(1),55-65.
Umar, W. (2012). Membangun Kemampuan Komunikasi Matematis dalam Pembelajaran Matematika. InfinityJurnal Ilmiah Program Studi Matematika STKIP Siliwangi Bandung 1(1), 1-9
Copyright (c) 2019 Sarwah Sarwah, Ma’rufi Ma’rufi, Muhammad Ilyas
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
- Authors retain copyright and other proprietary rights related to the article.
- Authors retain the right and are permitted to use the substance of the article in own future works, including lectures and books.
- Authors grant the publisher right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post or self-archive their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.