The Influence of the Implementation of the Sipatuo Sipatokkong Bugis Culture Integrated with the Problem Based Learning Model
This research is a quantitative and qualitative research (Mix Methods) using the Sequential Explanatory Design, located at Junior High School Number 3 Watampone, Bone Regency, South Sulawesi.The purpose of this study is (1) To know the differences in mathematics learning achievement before and after the Bugis Culture Sipatuo Sipatokkong is integrated with the Problem Based Learning Model (2) To know how far the influence of Sipatuo sipatokkong cultural values integrated into the Problem Based Learning model.Data analysis techniques use descriptive statistical techniques and inferential statistical analysis for quantitative data. Research results show that (1) There are significant differences in student learning achievement before and after being treated with the application the value Sipatuo Sipatokkong Bugis Culture integrated with the Problem Based Learning Model (2) Application of the Sipatuo Sipatokkong Bugis Culture integrated with the Influential Problem Based Learning Model especially on Student activities during learning can minimizing the existing weaknesses in the problem-based learning model. With Bugis Culture Sipatuo Sipatokkong students work together and help each other solve mathematical problems faced, so the students with moderate and low ability have motivation and interest in achievement and show the optimism in learning mathematics.
Akib, I. (2008). Model Pembelajaran Matematika Berbasis Budaya Bugis Makassar. Disertation. Unpublished. Surabaya: Program Pascasarjana Universitas Negeri Surabaya.
Eun, B. (2008). Making Connections: Grounding Professional Development in the Developmental Theories of Vygotsky.Journal of the Teacher Educator, 43. 134—155.
Miles & Huberman. (1981). Practical Guide to Training and Development: Assess, Design, Deliver, and Evaluate. Pfeifer: San Francisco.
Muslich, M. (2011). Pendidikan Karakter Menjawab Tantangan Krisis Multidimensional. Jakarta: Bumi Aksara.
PPPPTK Matematika. (2007). Laporan Pengkajian Identifikasi Kesulitan Guru Matematika dalam Pembelajaran Matematika di yang Mengacu pada Permendiknas No. 22 Tahun 2006. Yogyakarta: PPPPTK Matematika.
Rusman. (2011). Model-Model pembelajaran (Mengembangkan Profesionalisme Guru). Bandung: Mulia Mandiri Pers.
Sudrajat, A. (2010). Konsep Pendidikan Karakter Di Sekolah. (Online). (http://akhmadsudrajat.wordpress.com/2010/09/15/konsep-pendidikan-karakter/). Diakses: 1 Oktober 2011.
Sugiyono. (2012). Metode Penelitian Kombinasi (Mixed Methods). Bandung: Alfabeta.
Suradi. (2005). Interaksi Siswa SMP Dalam Belajar Matematika Secara Kooperatif. Disertasi. Tidak diterbitkan. Surabaya: Program Pascasarjana Universitas Negeri Surabaya.
Copyright (c) 2019 Cheriani Cheriani
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
- Authors retain copyright and other proprietary rights related to the article.
- Authors retain the right and are permitted to use the substance of the article in own future works, including lectures and books.
- Authors grant the publisher right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post or self-archive their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.