Design of PLC-Based Pneumatic System Practicum Media
The implementation of practicum in formal education especially in vocational education in the field of engineering aims to form the basic technical competencies of students that are relevant to the conditions that they will face when working in the industry. For this reason, teaching media or practicum media are needed to support and to increase students' knowledge and skills regarding the technical application of the subjects in the real world, especially in industry. For example, subjects that study pneumatic systems as well as Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) require specific theoretical teaching and need to be supported by practical activities so that students will better recognize and understand the instruments and technical processes needed in applying the field of study in the industry. This paper presents the design of practical media that can be used as a pneumatic system simulator with PLC controllers. The practicum media is designed portable using lightweight and easily available materials, and is suitable for laboratory scale with an electrical working voltage of 220V and pneumatic working pressure of 3 – 6 bars. (≈ 40 - 90 psi). This practicum media is expected to show the industrial automation system represented by the electro-pneumatic system, which can apply industrial processes such as the propulsion system, belt conveyor system and so on. By using this practicum media students can also learn how to design PLC-based control systems, and how to transfer programs to PLC devices.
Ahyar, A., & Arifin, Z. (2017). Rancang Bangun Media Praktikum Sistem Pneumatik Berbasis PLC. Seminar Nasional UNCP. 3, pp. 219 - 228. Palopo: UNCP.
Ebel, F., Idler, S., Prede, G., & Scholz, D. (2008). Fundamentals of Automation Technology, Technical Book. Dankendorf, Germany: Festo Didactic GmbH & Co.
Kurniawan, R. (2008). Rekayasa Rancang Bangun Sistem Pemindah Material Otomatis dengan Sistem Elektro Pneumatik. Jurnal Ilmiah Teknik Mesin CAKRAM, 2(1), 42-47.
Kurniawati, L., Akbar, R. O., & Misri, M. A. (2015). Pengaruh Penerapan Metode Pembelajaran Praktikum Terhadap Keterampilan Berpikir Kritis Matematika Siswa Kelas VIII SMPN 3 Sumber Kabupaten Cirebon. EduMA, 62 -72.
Pahl, G., Beitz, W., Feldhusen, J., & Grote, K. H. (2007). Engineering Design A Systematich Approach (3rd ed.). London: Springer-Verlag London Limited.
Setyawan, F., & Suprianto, B. (2014). Pengembangan Trainer dan Job-Sheet PLC sebagai Media Pembelajaran pada Mata Diklat PLC di Jurusan Elektronika Industri SMK Negeri 2 Lamongan. Jurnal Pendidikan Teknik Elektro 3(3), 509-515.
Suryaningsih, Y. (2017). Pembelajaran Berbasis Praktikum Sebagai Sarana Siswa untuk Berlatih Menerapkan Keterampilan Sains dalam Materi Biologi. Jurnal Bio Education 2(2), 49-57.
Wicaksono, H. (2009). Programmable Logic Controller. Yogyakarta: Graha Ilmu.
Copyright (c) 2019 Ahyar Mansur, Zulkarnain Arifin
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
- Authors retain copyright and other proprietary rights related to the article.
- Authors retain the right and are permitted to use the substance of the article in own future works, including lectures and books.
- Authors grant the publisher right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post or self-archive their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.