Problem-Based Learning: Effectivenes of Learning in Enhancing Metacognitive Skill of Students in SMA Negeri 3 Palopo
This study aims to describe the effectiveness of problem-based learning in practicing the metacognitive skill of students in SMA Negeri 3 Palopo. The type of research was quasi-experiment with the design of one-group pretest-posttest design. The unit of the experiment was all students from five social sciences classes (IPS) of tenth grade in SMA Negeri 3 Palopo in the academic year of 2018/2019 while the sample was class of X IPS 1 selected by random sampling. To collect the data, the researcher used observation sheet of students’ activity, a test of students’ learning outcome, and a questionnaire of students’ response the learning. The data were analyzed with descriptive and inferential analysis. The results showed that (1) students’ mathematics learning outcome is in the category of average with the average score of 79,62 and standard deviation of 10,81 as well as the classical completeness of 94,12%; (2) students’ activity in learning is categorized as active; and (3) students’ response of the problem-based learning is in the category of positive. Generally, it can be concluded that problem-based learning in practicing the metacognitive skill of students, is effectively implemented.
Fauziana, A. (2008). Identifikasi Metakognisi Siswa dalam Memecahkan Masalah Matematika Kelas VIII-F SMPN 1 Gresik. Surabaya: Universitas Negeri Surabaya.
Kemendikbud. (2016). Peringkat dan Capaian PISA Indonesia Mengalami Peningkatan. [online]. https://www.kemdikbud.go.id. Diakses tanggal 20 Maret 2019.
Ma’rufi, Ilyas, M., & Fitriani, A. (2014). Pengembangan Bahan Ajar Matematika Berbasis Problem Posing dengan Scaffolding Metakognitif pada SMPN Kota Palopo. Prosiding, 1(1), 34-46.
Ruseffendi, E.T. (1988). Pengajaran Matematika Modern dan Masa Kini Untuk Guru dan SPG, Bandung : Tarsito.
Sugiyono. (2012). Metode Penelitian Kuantitatif Kualitatif dan R&D. Bandung: Alfabeta.
Tiro, M., A. (2008). Dasar-dasar Statistika. Makassar. Andira Publisher.
Sariningsih, R., & Purwasih, R. (2017). Pembelajaran Problem Based Learning Untuk Meningkatkan Kemampuan Pemecahan Masalah Matematis Dan Self Efficacy Mahasiswa Calon Guru. JNPM (Jurnal Nasional Pendidikan Matematika), 1(1), 163-177.
Copyright (c) 2019 Saiful Bachri, Muhammad Ilyas, Ma’rufi Ma’rufi
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
- Authors retain copyright and other proprietary rights related to the article.
- Authors retain the right and are permitted to use the substance of the article in own future works, including lectures and books.
- Authors grant the publisher right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post or self-archive their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.