Design and Construction of Lifting Machine (Forklift) Equipped with Atmega 2560 Microcontroller-Based Remote Control
Today's industrial world has entered a new era called the Industrial Revolution 4.0. This 4th generation industrial era continues to be a topic of discussion in various industrial sectors in Indonesia. All industries are required to be capable of using digital technology in carrying out every operational activity. The use of intelligent machines and automation continues to be carried out in order to increase the productivity and performance of a company. The use of conventional machines is increasingly reduced and replaced with automatic machines with the intention that the industry can survive in the digital era as it is today. In various manufacturing industries, especially in logistics departments, warehousing departments and production workshops, lifting and moving machines that are operated by human, even activities that are carried out directly by hands which renders the work inefficient and far from work safety, are still normally found. This study aims to provide an alternative solution to the above problems by offering a design of lifting and moving machines. The results of the design were then built as a prototype. This research was completed in three stages: first, designing machine construction and identifying material requirements; second, building parts of the machine, assembling and programming the control system; and third, running tests. The prototype, which is powered by the sun through solar panels and stores the energy using batteries, works as intended with a maximum lift capacity of 50 kg. The test conducted shows that our forklift works as designed, i.e, it is capable of performing 3 types of motion namely moving (forward, backward), turning (left, right), fork tilting, and lifting.
Hudedmani, M. G., Umayal, R. M., Kabberalli, S. K., Hittalamani, R. (2017). Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) in Automation. Advanced Journal of Graduate Research, 2(1). pp. 37-45.
Talmassons, M. (28 Maret 2016), Industry 4.0 For Dummies (Online), Akses: https://hackernoon.com/industry-4-0-for-dummies-d6301c12ab9f
Budi, H. B., Mutaqin, Z. (2017). Peracangan Prototype Robot Forklift Penyusun Barang Otomatis 3 Lantai Berbasis Mikrokontroller. TELEKONTRAN, 5(2).
Marianto & Muchlas (2017). Rancang Bangun Robot Forklift Dengan Kendali Smartphone Android Berbasis Arduino Mega 2560. Jurnal Ilmu Teknik Elektro Komputer dan Informatika (JITEKI), 3(2).
Onkare, R. P., Sargar, P. S., Kanase, N. V., Patil, P. B. (2017). Arduino Nano Based Automatic Forklift Robot. International Journal of Advanced Research in Electrical, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering (IJAREEIE).
Copyright (c) 2019 Dani Setiawan, Abdul Tahir
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
- Authors retain copyright and other proprietary rights related to the article.
- Authors retain the right and are permitted to use the substance of the article in own future works, including lectures and books.
- Authors grant the publisher right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post or self-archive their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.