Design and Manufacturing of a Water Bike to Pick Up Garbage on Matano Lake
Garbage is one of the main factors that greatly affects and causes a decrease in environmental quality, especially waste in the water area. Matano Lake in Soroako experienced this condition. The garbage in Matano consists of plastic, cans, cloth and some types of daily activities waste of peoples surround the lake that can pollute the cleanliness and health of lake water. Matano Lake is the water source used by residents of Soroako for processing drinking water, cooking, bath, wash, and other household needs. The shape of the banks of the matano lake varies, in the form of slopes, swamps, and steep cliffs, so that some sides can't be cleaned from the land. Based on these conditions, research is needed to facilitate the cleaning of lakes from waste. Research in the form of design of bicycles that can float and move above the water surface, and has a component to pick up and accommodate garbage from the lake. Stages of research consist of data collection, analysis, design, manufacture, and testing. The design phase includes calculation of construction safety, selection of standard components, drawing of construction and components details to be made. Tool manufacturing phase through metal machining and fabrication processes. Testing phase includes testing of buoyancy ability, motion speed, and load ability. The main components consist of transmission elements, frames, buoys, drive systems, movement direction control, hooks, and trash cans.
Cengel, Y. A., & Cimbala, J. M. (2006). Fluid Mechanics: Fundamentals And Applications. New York: McGraw-Hill.
Daryanto. (2002). Mesin Perkakas Bengkel. Jakarta: Bina Adiaksara.
Mitchell, B. S. (2004). An Introduction to material engineering and science. New York: John Willey and Son.
Rizal, M. (2011). Analisis Pengelolaan Persampahan Perkotaan. Jurnal SMARTek, 157.
Sonawan, H. (2010). Perancangan Elemen Mesin. Bandung: ALFABETA.
Sularso, & Suga, K. (2004). Dasar perencanaan dan pemilihan elemen mesin. Jakarta: AKA.
Wahyuni, I. (2015). Rancang bangun sistem pengangkut sampah pada sungai secara otomatis. Makassar: UIN Alauddin.
Copyright (c) 2019 Ichsan Ristiawan, Muhammad Naim, Andi Achmad Jumadil
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
- Authors retain copyright and other proprietary rights related to the article.
- Authors retain the right and are permitted to use the substance of the article in own future works, including lectures and books.
- Authors grant the publisher right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post or self-archive their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.