A Microcontroller-Based Automatic Coil Winding Machine for Electric Motor
This research aims to design and manufacture an automatic electric motor coil winding machine based on microcontroller for replacing the manual system. The main reasons are reducing the fault risk that could be made by the operator using manual machine, increasing efficiency of machine as well as productivity of work. Methodology of this research based on experimental research that consist of several stages i.e. planning, design and manufacture, trial and analysis, and finalization. Planning stage involves design draft, working drawing, and also tools and material preparation. Then, design and manufacture stage covers making of mechanic parts, electric and electronic circuit, and design of controller program. The testing was conducted on rolling speed test and accuracy test of coil winder. This machine is driven by stepper motor, using keypad as entry data number of windings, LCD to show the progress of coil winder and opto-coupler as a counter of windings. Data obtained from the test shows that the level of accuracy of rpm control is about 99%, average time to roll up a winding is 0,58 second, speed of coil winder is 1,72 windings/second.
Ahyar M, & Irdam. (2015). Otomatisasi Mesin Penggulung Kumparan Motor Listrik dengan Penggerak Motor Stepper. Seminar Nasional Teknologi Industri (hal. 285 - 290). Makassar: UPPM Politeknik ATI Makassar.
Budiharto, W. (2015). Perancangan Sistem dan Aplikasi Mikrokontroler. Jakarta: PT Elex Media Computindo.
Chakraborty, K., Chand, N., Roy, B., & Nandi, P. K. (2013). Design and Development Stepper Motor Postion Control System Using Atmel 85c1 Microcontroller. International Journal of Emerging Research in Management and Technology, 2(12), 44 - 48.
Ebel, F., Idler, S., Prede, G., & Scholz, D. (2008). Fundamentals of Automation Technology, Technical Book. Dankendorf, Germany: Festo Didactic GmbH & Co.
Fushshilat, I., Somantri, Y., & Somantri, M. (2014). Rancang Bangun Mesin Gulung Transformator Otomatis Berbasis Mikrokontroler. ELECTRANS, 13(1), 23-34.
Gapita, R. S., Hamzah, A., & Nurhalim. (2015, Oktober). Perancangan Mesin Penggulung Kumparan Transformator Berbasis Mikrokontroler ATmega8535. JOM FTEKNIK UNRI, 2(2), 1-5.
Pahl, G., Beitz, W., Feldhusen, J., & Grote, K. H. (2007). Engineering Design A Systematich Approach (3rd ed.). London: Springer-Verlag London Limited.
Pitowarno, E. (2006). Robotika Desain, Kontrol, dan Kecerdasan Buatan. Yogyakarta: CV Andi Offset.
Yandri, V. R., & Desmiwarman. (2016). Rancang Bangun Alat Penggulung Kawat Email untuk Kumparan Motor Menggunakan Mikrokontroller ATmega328 Sebagai Unit Pengendali. Jurnal Teknik Elektro ITP, 5(1), 16-21.
Copyright (c) 2019 Irdam Irdam, Ahyar Mansur
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
- Authors retain copyright and other proprietary rights related to the article.
- Authors retain the right and are permitted to use the substance of the article in own future works, including lectures and books.
- Authors grant the publisher right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post or self-archive their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.