Design and Manufacture Bush Press Tool on the Wire Rope Haul Master Ladder
The conventional method of building a wire rope ladder for Haul Master involves a hot shaping process, in which the retaining bush is heated with oxy-acetylene flame and then hammered. This method has several drawbacks: it requires a long time for the hot bush to cool down, workers have to spend more energy to do the work, the work must be done by at least 2 persons, the use of oxy-acetylene gas may lead to a fire hazard, and it generates harmful gases for workers. This study aims to devise a press tool for use in building wire rope ladders for Master Haul that can make the fastening of the retaining bushes to the wire ropes faster and safer without the need of oxy-acetylene. The collection of data in this study was done through field observations and interviews with workers. The results of data analysis were then followed by planning, designing and building the press tool, testing the tool, and analyzing the test results. The outcome of this study is a bush pressing tool with dimensions of 600 mm x 1050 mm x 1050 mm with a press capacity of up to 50 tons. The conventional process using 2 kg hammers required a hammering time of 4.6 minutes, while using this press tool only took 1,5 minutes.
Burmawi. (2018). Perancangan Alat Press Untuk Material dengan Menggunakan Tenaga Hidroik. Padang Fakultas Teknologi Industri Universitas Bung Hatta.
Permana, D. A. (2010). Rancang Bangun Mesin Press Semi Otomatis. Surakarta: Universitas Sebelas Maret.
Akhlis, M. R. (2010). Analisa Proses Blanking Dengan Simple Press Tool. Malang: Politeknik Negri Malang.
Modul Perhitungan Elemen Mesin. (1991). Akademi Teknik Soroako, Sorowako.
Modul Mekanika Kekuatan Material. (1991). Akademi Teknik Soroako, Sorowako.
Copyright (c) 2019 Sirama Sirama
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
- Authors retain copyright and other proprietary rights related to the article.
- Authors retain the right and are permitted to use the substance of the article in own future works, including lectures and books.
- Authors grant the publisher right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post or self-archive their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.